Dr. Julie Unite trained as an industrial and organizational psychologist. She has more than 20 years of experience working in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Julie’s experience has focused on assessment, succession planning, organization cultural transformation and coaching for individuals/teams across all sectors. Julie draws from a background in educational and counseling psychology and extensive one-on-one consulting experience to provide clients with successful ways to deal with workplace issues.
Experience and Expertise
Julie’s key areas of expertise include:
- Designing and implementing assessment tools in both selection and executive development.
- Developing and facilitating customized succession planning processes to identify and develop emerging leadership talent
- Driving organizational cultural transformation processes that increase employee engagement and employee retention
- Providing executive coaching for leaders who are new to their executive roles or simply want to maximize their leadership effectiveness and impact
- Designing and facilitating team coaching and team building sessions to optimize their effectiveness in working as “one team”
Julie also has extensive experience training individuals and teams and enjoys facilitating their development using approaches such as personality assessments, emotional intelligence, and team driver/drainer techniques. Julie’s professional and academic experience in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States also allows her to understand and apply a multi-cultural perspective in all aspects of her work.
Julie’s research experience also complements her consulting experience, and she has developed career development tools and strategies for implementing effective training programs. She is an active collaborator in the 5C Group; A cross-cultural group examining the dynamics of people’s careers around the world. The group encompasses more than 30 countries and provides insights into how to manage and lead a multi-cultural workforce.
Honors and Awards
Julie is published in academic journals as well as having book chapters in areas including managing career change and transition, human resource strategies for leading a diverse work force, and managing the Millennial generation.
Education and Professional Associations
Julie earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Adelaide, Australia in Psychology and Physiology and an MSc in Organizational Psychology from the University of London, England. Her Ph.D. is in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Northern Illinois University. She is a member of the Australian and British Psychological Society, the Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology, and the Academy of Management.