Dr. Kimberly Jarvis is a strategic talent developer with over 20 years’ experience in career and leadership development coaching with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and industries. Leveraging her leadership experience in several different industries, Kimberly creates and delivers customized organizational, leadership and talent development initiatives aimed at improving individual and team performance and engagement. Kimberly’s mission is to support leaders and teams with exceptional productivity and performance through practical strategies to enhance leadership, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. She specializes in implementing large-scale programs and initiatives geared toward people development.
Experience and Expertise
Kimberly has extensive experience with executive and career coaching, leadership development, group facilitation, team building and conflict management. She is known for her ability to prototype, create and launch large-scale programs focused on career and leadership development that impact audiences in the thousands. Kimberly is an adjunct professor for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Distance Education Program. Her additional areas of expertise include:
- Executive coaching
- Talent development
- Accelerated leadership development
- Culture shaping at the team and organizational level
- Career transitions
- Online learning and development
Kimberly has worked with a diverse group of clients including The American Management Association, Compass, Discover Financial Services, Edusystems, Geneva Lakes Family YMCA, Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI), and International Little Artists. Kimberly contributes to industry publications and is writing a chapter of the book accompanying a new leadership certificate program being launched by The American Management Association.
- “Kim was instrumental in a number of initiatives that not only “broke the mold” for our organization, but would also hold-up well in comparison to some of the more progressive HR work I’ve encountered. What I appreciated most about Kim was her principled nature.” Chief HR Officer, Financial Services Firm
- “I’ve used coaches on several occasions during my 27-year career. Kim was the most effective and memorable one, giving me exactly what I needed: a sympathetic ear and an unsentimental focus on effective strategies and results. I recommend her enthusiastically as a co-pilot with whom to navigate the treacherous waters of leadership, team, and personal career challenges.” Director, Government Development Bank
- I worked closely with Kimberly for several years while she managed complex accelerated leadership development programs, worked effectively with people at all levels of the organization, and solved some very difficult challenges for the organization. Kimberly is insightful, proactive, and terrific at brainstorming new ideas.” Director of Human Resources, Leading Global Education Provider
- “There is a significant difference between a career coach who provides boilerplate advice and one who actually digs into your individual circumstances. Kim changed my life by being the latter. She figured out the path for me to exit the practice of law and become a business executive. I’m not sure I would have been able to make this move without Kim’s guidance. I am extremely pleased with my new career and will forever be grateful to Kim.” SVP, Consumer Credit Reporting Agency
- “Kim is both intuitively gifted as well as able to draw from years of leadership and talent development experience. Her charisma is contagious and she is able to lead organizations and individuals to identify strengths and optimize performance and outcomes.” Former Direct Report and Career Strategist, Fintech Firm
Honors and Awards
Dr. Jarvis is an official member of Forbes Coaches Council, an invitation-only organization for successful business and career coaches. Kimberly’s leadership and career advice has been featured in Forbes, Barron’s, CNBC, Vogue and Moneyish.
Professional Certifications/Assessment Experience
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- The Executive Edge®: The Coaching AdvantEdge™
- The Forte® Institute: Forte® Assessment Process
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) Qualified Administrator
- Center for Creative Leadership 360 Assessment
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360
- TKI Conflict Assessment
- 5 Dysfunctions of a Team Assessment
- Senn Delaney Culture Shaping
- ASTD Designing Synchronous Learning
Dr. Jarvis holds a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana, a Master of Social Work from the University of Illinois in Chicago, and a Doctorate of Education in Organizational Leadership from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology.