Mark Harris is an expert at helping companies create and maintain a high-performing workforce. He brings a strategist’s sensibility and coach’s enthusiasm to his work. Most importantly, Mark engages employees in the process of becoming better communicators, team contributors and leaders. He is a versatile consultant who brings passion and wisdom to his clients. Mark interacts with all levels of an organization from line staff to corporate executives. He possess the experience and personality to gain the trust of all those around him and is adept at maneuvering thru various political cultures.
Experience and Expertise
Mark has over 20 years of experience contributing to the success of organizations such as Allstate, CVS/Caremark, Leo Burnett, Forsythe Technologies, Sears, Draft/FCB, True Value and a variety of universities and nonprofits. He partners with clients to improve the effectiveness of employees at all levels of the company through customized human resource consulting, executive coaching and organizational development programs.
Companies request Mark time and time again, citing his innovative, practical solutions and creative approaches. His expertise includes:
- Communication Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Retreats
- Leadership Development
- Presentation Skills
- Relationship Building
- Team Building
- “Mark was fun, informative, entertaining and inspiring. I learned a lot from him, and he kept my attention.” – Director, Omnicom Group Inc.
- “Mark helped me gain great insight into my personality and behaviors. He maintained a great balance between challenging and supporting me. I wish I had met him earlier in my career” – Manager, True Value Company
- “I was skeptical about the coaching process in the beginning. Mark helped make the experience very rewarding. I have seen improvement in my leadership and advances in my career due to his assistance and the coaching process.” – Vice President, BlueCross/BlueShield
- The Executive Edge®: The Coaching AdvantEdge™
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument
- Acumen®/Human Synergistics®: Perceptive Communication
- Insights®, Andrew Lothian
- The Ken Blanchard™ Companies: Situational Leadership®
- Development Dimensions Inc. (DDI)
- Annette Mosser-Wellman: Five Faces of Genius
Education and Professional Associations
Mark is a graduate of Indiana University. He holds an MBA in Human Resource Management from Temple University and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Wisconsin. All degrees were with Honors. He prides himself in developing talent through long-standing relationships with his clients.
Mark is a frequent guest lecturer at colleges and industry events across the U.S. and abroad. He is a past president of the Chicagoland Chapter of the American Society for Training & Development (CCASTD) and is a member and former board member of the Human Resource Management Association of Chicago (HRMAC). He is frequently involved in networking and relationship building associations.
More About Mark
Mark is very active in non-profit associations where he sits on several boards. He frequently volunteers his time to many children’s programs. Mark and his family reside in the northern suburbs of Chicago. They enjoy camping, movies, reading and simply spending time together. Mark also enjoys running, biking and basketball.