Mary is a seasoned executive coach based in Orlando, Florida. She works successfully with experienced and high potential leaders who want to stretch beyond their comfort zone and positively impact their future.
With years of experience as a coach, mentor, facilitator, leader and trainer, Mary sees clients in ways they do not see themselves. She is adept at unlocking individual excellence. Mary listens intently, dips below the surface, and helps clients realize their full potential. Clients appreciate her calm, candid approach, probing questions and unique insights that lift their thinking and expand their perspectives
Experience and Expertise
Prior to joining The Executive Edge®, Mary has spent 13 years coaching executives and business owners to strengthen their influence within their organizations. She is passionate about working with leaders who view themselves as more introverted than extroverted. For years she has helped executives realize what they carry within them is even more powerful than they thought. They communicate more effectively, fine turn their interpersonal skills and further develop their leadership behaviors, capitalizing on their reflective insight as a real power source. Her motto is “Elevate the leader in you.”
Mary has worked with leaders in a variety of industries to improve their executive presence, minimize their negative assumptions about themselves and others, and develop better relationships with their leaders, peers, direct reports and customers. Her clients have built stronger teams, improved employee engagement, and communicated and acted on their vision for success with greater ease. She enjoys working with those who want to build their competencies and create a more productive culture.
Mary is a distinguished mentor for WOMEN Unlimited, Inc., helping high-potential women in business achieve their goals. She facilitates the Network of the Top 50 Companies for Working Families in Central Florida, which she founded in 1997. For years, she was a feedback coach for Embracing Leadership Excellence at the Crummer Graduate School of Business, Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida.
Mary spent 15 years in Human Resources management at the Orlando Sentinel newspaper where she improved company-wide communication, introduced culture-changing programs, enhanced employee development practices, and successfully managed many company-wide projects and teams. Her strong listening and coaching skills enabled leaders to overcome multiple challenges.
Mary lives her passion and purpose — helping people visualize their possibilities, realize their potential, and take action to achieve their professional and personal life goals.
Professional Certifications and Education
- The Executive Edge®: The Coaching AdvantEdge™
- Certified Professional Coach with the International Coach Federation
- Leadership Practices Inventory 360 assessment and The Leadership Challenge program
Mary holds a Master’s Degree in Corporate Communication & Technology and Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Communication from Rollins College.
- “Mary helped me realize what was getting in my way. I was able to develop my ideas, express them in a more confident, comprehensive way and achieve goals that had been on my mind for some time.” Senior VP and Director, Financial Institution, Orlando
- “Mary provides a perspective that is objective, not biased or judgmental. Our coaching partnership has helped me have a renewed sense of focus and a greater sense of self. Mary helped me formulate my vision of success by helping me realize the seemingly impossible is possible.” – Executive Director, National Non-Profit, Orlando, FL
- “Mary challenged my way of thinking about myself and certain situations and increased my confidence level. I have grown both personally and professionally. I often hear her voice in my head when I am working with my team. It is evident that this is her passion and my success is her goal, not just mine. It has truly been an invaluable experience.” – Manager, Siemens Energy, Inc., Orlando, FL
- “With Mary’s help I have gained so much clarity about myself and what I want from my life… both personally and professionally. Mary has helped me organize, recognize and optimize my potential.” -Health care professional, Orlando
- “I have greatly benefitted from our sessions – they always cause me to look at things differently or consider things from a different angle. You are amazing at drawing that out!” -Director, The Institute of Internal Auditors, Global Headquarters, Altamonte Springs, FL
- “As a business owner, it has been invaluable to have someone to help gauge direction, motivation, results, and occasional stumbling blocks. Mary helps me weed through the day-to-day noise to stay on track.” Owner and Developer of Investment Real Estate, Massachusetts
- “Mary created a thoughtful and compassionate environment for me to explore and gain clarity around some significant career changes. I highly recommend her empowering coaching skills for anyone seeking to explore new directions as well as acknowledging where they already are.” -Director of Operations, Museum and Sculpture Gardens, Winter
More About Mary
Mary enjoys traveling with her husband, Jack, an architect. She relaxes by reading, walking and yoga. She is an Advisory Council member for Neighbors Network, a non-profit that helps adults remain living independently in their own homes. Having cared for her mother with Alzheimer’s disease for 10 years she learned what it takes to be a successful caregiver. She shared that knowledge and expertise by speaking to caregiver groups and co-chairing the local leadership council of the Central & North Florida chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. She is a Team Leader for the Family, Friends & Chicken Soup ministry at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Winter Park, Florida.
For additional information about The Executive Edge®, please contact us at: