Understanding the need to be strategic in goals and actions, knowing how to lead change and navigate the company culture and maintain a healthy life/work balance are some of the critical areas in which Susan excels. Her depth of knowledge in helping leaders accelerate their contributions, while helping them to maintain a balanced approach to work and life, is what sets her apart.
As a certified coach and seasoned seminar leader, her work with high potentials in global organizations is both rewarding and enriching – for Susan and her clients.
Experience and Expertise
Susan’s experience in the corporate world included field operations, organizational development and human resource management. Today, she works with leading global companies to strengthen their bench and help individuals find their best work while at work. Her ability to get a team or leader to think differently and strategize about ‘what could be’ makes Susan a very valuable coach and team facilitator. Susan’s areas of expertise in coaching, assessments and training include:
- Assessing strengths and areas for development using 360’s, leadership style assessments (Forte, Lifo) and conflict management tools
- Coaching leaders to define their next steps of growth, focus on moving forward and maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Facilitating leadership/management communication style workshops
- Speaking & facilitating on “Leading at the Speed of Life: A Balanced Approach to Work and Life & “The Power of Presence: Showing up Confident, Competent & Authentic.”
- Designing interactive workshops and experiential learning activities
- Facilitating senior leadership strategy meetings and team sessions
Susan has spent much of her career focusing on strengthening the leadership capabilities of others. She is described as patient, but persuasive and her collaborative style has worked well in coaching for development, building more effective teams and strategic planning. She understands the nature of business and finds reward in helping others play the game of business. Some of her most recent work has been done at HP, Microsoft, Walt Disney World Co., Siemens, Prudential, Tribune, and American Express.
She has spoken extensively to leading organizations on the topics of leadership development, executive presence and increasing communication effectiveness and the balance of life & work.
- “I’ve worked with Susan as a coaching client and her guidance and encouragement has been outstanding. She is very professional, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with.” – Global Service Director, American Express
- “Through her industry experience, compounded with insights she has gained in her years of facilitating a leadership program, Susan inspires and guides people to find their ‘right’ career path.” – VP, Microsoft
- “Susan is a highly motivated and creative individual who combines these assets via her communication skills to help individuals and/or corporations improve their bottom line results.” – Director of Marketing, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (Orlando International Airport)
- “Susan provides an in-depth knowledge in creating an atmosphere of learning and developing for the key contributors in an organization.” – Manager, Theme Parks, Walt Disney World Co.
- “Susan has both the vision to set a course for the future and the resolve to make it happen and I recommend her wholeheartedly.” – Director, Medco
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- The Executive Edge®: The Coaching AdvantEdge™
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI)
- Certified Professional Coach
Education and Professional Associations
Susan holds a B.A. in Management & Business and is an advanced student in coaching at Coach U. She is affiliated with WOMEN Unlimited, a leadership development organization, the Executive Edge and various other HR/OD associations. She is a member of several business networking groups across the U.S., sharing the practices of leadership assessment and development.
More About Susan
Susan enjoyed living in many states during her father’s naval career; something which taught her the skills for building relationships. Settling in Orlando, she worked for Walt Disney World Co. before earning her B.A. degree in Management & business. After graduating, Susan worked in corporate America, managing operations and leadership development before becoming a successful business consultant and coach. She lives with her husband of 25 years and enjoys doing things in the sun and fresh air whenever possible. She has wonderful nieces and nephews as well as great dogs.